Don’t sweat the small stuff.
By Erik J. Heels
First published 3/14/2017; YearOfDisruption.com; publisher: GiantPeople.
My Year of Disruption (http://www.yearofdisruption.com) project (AKA YoD) is a one-year (well, one school year) project designed to spark conversations about innovation in the production and consumption of IP services for startups.
In September 2016, the first month of the YoD project, I and my guest posters published 21 blog posts. In October 2016, 7 posts.
Then, three real-world events negatively disrupted my disruption project – and my life.
First, in November 2016, Donald Trump was elected the 45th President of the United States.
Second, in December 2016, my oldest son was burned in an off-campus apartment fire. My son eventually will be fine, and his physical wounds will mostly heal (albeit with some scarring), but “will be” and “is” are not synonyms. I essentially took the month of December (my law firm’s busiest) off from work to take care of him.
Third, in February 2017, my brother moved in with us after ending a 12-year stint working IT jobs in New Hampshire (http://www.erikjheels.com/12972.html).
And, of course, Donald Trump’s upset victory continues to upset the economy and lives of millions (including my brother). So I am examining that issue in a separate blog about politics, my Failed Pols blog (http://www.failedpols.com/).
I will continue the YoD project through the end of the school year. And I will continue to implement (positive) disruptive ideas that are generated by the YoD project in Clocktower Law (http://www.clocktowerlaw.com), my law firm.
But first things first. Including God, country, and family.
Thanks for your support.
- * Erik’s Editorial: The Dangers Of Nationalism; A Military Operation; Speech >> Silence; Fox News Jumps The Shark; Real Issues, Facts, and the Truth; #Resist (2017-02-24) (2017-02-24)
Today I pivot.
- * 17 Seconds #33 – Hire my brother Mark Heels (and I will owe you a favor) (2017-02-17)
Nepotism is a good deal if you can get it, but we’re not hiring at the moment.
- * Clocktower Law Announces 50% Discount For Muslims, Immigrants, and Others (2017-02-14)
Nonprofit discount extended to any group marginalized by the Trump administration.
- * Escaping The Political Echo Chamber: Observations From Failed Pols (2017-01-11)
After the election, I created a website dedicated to failed policies, politicians, and policies. The goal of the site was to force myself out of the echo chamber to try to understand what happened, where were are, and what comes next. Two months into the project, my initial findings are shocking. First some background, then some observations.
- * Thomas R. Heels And Helena E. Heels (2010-05-09)
An article for Mother’s Day.
- * How Real Life Interfered With My Social Networking Fun (2010-01-26)
Don’t sweat the small stuff.